Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Daddy, Kaya and Bella go to the zoo

(Mommy is typing exaclty what Kaya says, so that our readers can get Kaya's story)

We took a train and then a bus to the St Louis Zoo. We rented a stroller when we got there, and we got a map. First we saw the penguins. Next we went to see the brown bear. Then we went to look for the red panda. It was actually red! Then we went to see the giraffes, and something with the a-word, I think. Daddy, what was that called? Oh yeah! The Somalian Wild Ass! Daddy let me say the name once, because I thought it was very funny. (She also came back and had to tell it to Mommy)

Bella and me took pictures of a prairie dog. We stopped for lunch. We shared corndogs and french fries. Daddy had ice cream, Bella had cotton candy and I had a pushpop for dessert. We rode the train and bus back to the hotel to meet Mommy for dinner. It was ALOT of fun!

(Editor's note: Rick shared with me that they also saw a male zebra getting friendly with a female. Apparently, people came runnign from all over the zoo to witness this- and all Rick wanted was to move the girls away! The noises were confusing the girls a bit)

1 comment: