Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Uncle "D" Graduates

One summer when I was in college, Rick's two younger brothers came to stay with us for a little while. They were about 8 & 9 at the time. We had such a blast! What I remember most is taking them to Valdosta, Georgia to play at Wild Adventures for a few days. The park was a lot like a permanent fair. There were only a few big coasters- Rick says it felt like a lost Scooby Doo episode. I can vividly recall all 3 boys playing in the rain, water pouring down Donovan's face. (I have a great picture of this at home) 

The 3 brothers...
When I think of his brothers, that's what I think of. Those adorable little boys who were so much fun to play with all summer. So it's hard for me to believe I just watched the 2nd of them graduate this weekend. The girls love their Uncle "D". I think they translate "uncle" as "slave", but he doesn't seem to mind. We've had a great time in Ohio with the family, playing games at night and playing outdoors during the day.

I cannot get over how different the trees are here- the girls call the pine trees "Christmas trees" and are amazed that they are so big. It's also shocking how chilly it is! They had a great party at this cute little park- but we needed blankets by the end of it. I am beginning to wonder if I packed enough warm clothes!

Well, it's time to start packing for the next leg of our trip- I promise to post a picture of the car next time. Rick deleted my 1st one due to poor quality... I think I'll make him take the next one. Here are a few pics of this weekend. I am also showing the famous plane, since it did not make it into the last post. Thanks for reading- let me know what you think! Dad- I hope my spelling was better this time. :)

the plane in NC- incredibly lucky that we were traveling at the right time
learning to fish with Grandpa Fred






having a blast at a little mini golf place




feeding the horses that live next door


learning to skateboard?

Uncle D fixing the net at the old high school

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics! Hope your trip is going well. Hope the car rides are going okay as well. Miss you Kaya and Bella. Skyler and I say hello to both of you too. xoxo Hi to mom and dad too (I know your reading this) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I moved to Michigan I thought the same thing about trees...except I'm pretty sure I said "Oh my gosh! You have christmas trees growing on the side of the road!!!!! That's so cool!" And then people laughed at me. But, in the winter, covered with snow...that's one of the most beautiful things in the world.

    ReplyDelete