Saturday, June 4, 2011

Getting ready to travel

In less than one week we hit the road for nearly two months. Ohio, Wisconisin, Missouri and New Mexico are the major "thumbtacks" on our AAA TripTik road map. Two adults, two munchkins, and a half sized dog in my mama-mobile.

I am inbelievably excited. Rick has found all kinds of fun places for us to stop and stretch along the way. Kaya is looking forward to the carousel museum. I think the toy museum will be fun- but so will some roadside farm attraction on the way to Wisconsin.(Okay, I don't recall much about its description at this point, but I bet it will be a great memory)

I've gone overborad trying to plan how the girls will be occupied in the car. I even drove across town for "just the right" fold down tray contraption for Kaya to play with in the car. I have no idea how long this will really help, but if they even play with each item I plan to pack for 5 minutes, at least we'll hit the Georgia border before we hear the first "Are we there yet?" from the back seat.

I guess our preparation has not been lost on Kaya. She's already worrying about having enough batteries (for her videogame) and how much gas will cost. My little mini-me is going to be fun on this trip LOL.

Don't worry. As soon as the car is packed, you'll get to see a picture. I know this summer is going to have a ton of Kodak moments and funny stories. I plan to share them here with any of you who care to follow along with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment