Wednesday, June 22, 2011

More Fun in Wisconsin

Sunday I got to spend my second ever Father's Day with my father.  What made it even more special was having my husband and children there, too.  I was so excited about the gifts we picked out for the men in our life!(Papa, you'll have to wait til we see you in New Mexico :)!)  We found a Dremel tool for Dad, since he is doing so much with his woodworking tools and has made a few comments about Rick's. He seemed pretty pleased. The girls and I created a gold pony for their dad, since he is always responding to their "I wants!" with an "And I want a gold pony". It was a really nice way to start the day.

From there we were supposed to meet up with several cousins and a few aunts to go to Bay Beach amusement park in Green Bay. Ya know the feeling you get when you're walking around in cool, rainy weather and your flip flops are soaked? That sorta sums up our time at Bay Beach. We got into the parking lot, I bought some tickets, and the downpour started.  Since the "wonderful" smartphone radar looked like the last band was overhead, we decided to wait it out.

The kids rode a couple rides, we ended up in the bumper car area. Then, all the employees disappeared. We're talkin mass exodus here. We soon learned it was due to lightning in the area. But we weren't ready to admit defeat yet. Rick and I started a game of red light green light with all the kids (and a couple adults) while we waited. A grumpy park employee walked by to tell us to "settle down" and ended that fun. Shortly after that, we decided to admit defeat and head for lunch and shopping. 

Kaya and Grace on the carousel

Josh and Grace against Alicia and Kaya in the bumper cars
All in all, it was a damp, but really fun Father's Day. We ahd fun running in the rain, getting in trouble, and enjoying the company of those who were crazy enough to venture out with us. I will forever think of these cousins when I play red light green light with the kids. I will also make sure and try this place again next time I go- the Zippin Pippin looked like a lot of fun! (By the way, it rained most of the day- smartphone loses a few pints, here)

No comments:

Post a Comment